After I published my first blog post in years, I saw a reference to another one from years ago. All about bouldering with the kids. I’d quite forgotten about that post. Logan and Kaia do not look like that any more. He’s seventeen and she’s fourteen, soon to be fifteen.
So much has happened in that time it’s difficult for me to process. When viewed through the lens of some of my previous posts, this hiatus from serious writing has been lengthy indeed. On the plus side, I have gathered much raw material with which to shape narratives.
Back to bouldering and building. It was a great long weekend for activities. And conversation.
Activity Summary (all exercises in the 10-12 rep range):
- Barbell squats x 3
- Dumbbell tep back lunges x 3
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlifts x 3
- Nordic hamstring curls x 3
- Climbed V0s, V1s, and a couple of V2s (sidepull on one hurt my shoulder, so backing off those)
- Arnold dumbbell shoulder press x 3
- Dumbbell side lateral raises x 3
- Dumbbell front raises x 3
- Dumbbell bent over lateral raises x 3
- Dumbbell shrugs x 3
- Barbell flat bench press x 3
- Barbell incline bench press x 3
- Dumbbell incline flye x 3
- Decline strap pushups on knees x 2
- Dumbbell overhead press x 3
- Cable pressdown with rope attachment x 3